Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Conquer Your Knitting Fear With Cool Whip


You what I can't believe? That I've spent my entire crafting life not knowing how to knit. There, I said it. I am knitting challenged. I just never learned. I don't remember it being a craft my mother did, either. She crocheted often, but never knitted.
Yesterday, a friend told me that the lovely knitted scarf she was wearing ( I am a scarf crazy girl) was her own creation that she made from a homemade cool whip knitting loom. It sounds crazy, but it's true. She told me to search you tube cool whip knitting, so I did. This is what come up, so be sure to check it out. Just click on the link. (I tried to get the video to embed, but it wouldn't.)
You Tube Cool Whip Knitting



Make sure you watch all 3 videos because you have to watch one to see how to cut the bowl, and these second to show you the stich, and the third for taking the project off the bowl.

This is really a crude version of knifty knitter. Crude, however, it is effective.
That's all I have today. My day job has been particularly cruel to me this week and I am pretty tired.


1 comment:

kathyj333 said...

I don't know how to knit either.

linked within

Related Posts with Thumbnails