Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

So I Sew


I do appreciate all forms of crafts and will enthusiastically research, discuss, and carry out many types of projects. However, as most of us who craft know, there is usually one type of crafting that pulls us a little harder. For me, it’s sewing. I don’t think there’s anything better than going into a fabric store and walking through the aisles of fabric bolts and imagining what I would make with this or that fabric. I like to flip through patterns catalogs and magazines, and will do so tirelessly, for hours. I love to sew.
This past week I have been busy working on my handbag designs for my Etsy and putting together some semblance of a business and marketing plan. That’s a lot of work all in itself! I do make other things and don’t want to be known just for dolls, so I am working hard on that right now by developing other products. I have been spending less time with the weaving, or really any other crafting at this time, but that’s okay because sewing is my first love.
I would like to comment on the generosity of kindred crafters: it happened to me twice recently, in fact, one on each of my last two trips to Jo Ann Fabrics store; and that was women who gave me their unused coupons thereby saving me a bundle. I mean, you’re talking 50% off the highest regular price! Things like that rarely ever happen to me in any other stores. Those who craft know what I am talking about.
Oh, and heads up for the pattern sale at Vogue. They hardly ever get a good sale going, but now on their website they have many styles on sale for $3.99 each. Great deal!





P.S. Love these purses!

No comments:

linked within

Related Posts with Thumbnails